Information for Contestants
KCBS rules and regulations will be used. Be sure to note the changes in this year’s rules and regulations by visiting the KCBS website.
Check-in/Set-up begins at 8:00 a.m. on Friday the 16th. All teams must be checked in and have their equipment moved into their assigned space no later than 4:00 p.m. Tents and other forms of shelter set up in contest spaces will need to be a type that can be safely erected on a paved parking lot; no stakes or other tie down equipment detrimental to paved surfaces will be allowed. Tear Down time is 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 17th. Vehicles, trailers, etc. will not be allowed to enter or exit BBQ area until 4:00 p.m.
All interested participants are required to complete and submit a BBQ registration form (download a copy of the registration form) along with the entry fee by Friday, September 2nd at 5:00pm to the address below.
- One registration form and fee per barbeque team.
- Registration fee per barbecue team entry is $225.00 (25’w x 18’d – 3 parking spaces - is provided). Additional space (9’w x 18’d – 1 parking space) cost is $75.00.
- Entry fee after September 2, 2016 is $275.00 - if space is still available.
- Additional fee for electricity is $25.00 (optional). Personal portable generators are NOT allowed.
- Optional Categories entry fees are an additional $10 per category
- If a team decides to cancel after September 2nd, a $50 processing fee will be assessed. The remaining balance of entry fees paid will be refunded within 10 business days of the cancellation.
Cash Prizes and ribbons will be awarded for first through fifth places in each category and for Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion.
Complete the information on the BBQ registration form and mail with your check for the contest entry fee payable to “City of Mission” to:
City of Mission
Mission, KS 66202
Attn: BBQ Contest
For more information on the Battle of the Brisket, please call
Kathy Lockhard at (913) 722-8206.